Once you select your keywords, make them truly effective by using them in more than the keyword META tag. Include your keywords in these places to improve your search engine positioning:
- Always include keywords in your content, preferably your first text paragraph as well as the Header (H1, H2) tags.
- Include your main keywords in your description meta as well as the TITLE tag of your page.
- Register a domain with your keyword phrase.
- Name your directories after your key phrases.
- Name page and graphic files after keywords (i.e. keyword.htm, keyword.gif)
- Use keywords in your image Alt text