The following article is provided for informational purposes only for customers who have registered a domain name through YNot Web. Screens used for screen shots are subject to change over time. Part 2 may also be useful for those who have forwarding addresses through another registrar or service provider.
Part 1. Set up your forwarding addresses at YNot Web
Go to https://www.ynotweb.com and choose "Manage Email Accounts" from the drop down in the upper right. This will prompt you for your login.
- The "Manage Email Accounts" page has three yellow buttons for the different types of email- press the "Managing Email Forwarding" button.
- Click the "Setup Account" link.
- Fill out the form that comes up, first entering the email alias you’d like to create under "Use a domain name hosted or registered at YNot Web." Then specify the existing email account to which you’d like the alias to forward under "Redirect Mail To." This must be a existing valid email address. Don’t forget to click "Save Settings" when you’re done.
- You will then go back to the "Manage Email Forwarding" page where your new address will be listed as "pending." If this is the first email address set up for the domain, it may take several hours to be active due to DNS or Zone changes. Once your first email is active, subsequent forwarding addresses only take a few minutes to be active. You’ll know an address is active if, once you come back to the "Manage Email Forwarding" screen your new address is listed with the address to which it will forward to next to it. (You can hit "F5" to refresh this screen after a few minutes or come back later in the day).
- Make sure you test the new email alias to verify that the new address is working properly. If not, verify that the "Redirect to" address is correct.